The Avorians have published a Data Protection Policy. This sets out the obligations of the club and the rights of the members with regards to the data that the Club holds on them.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Cobham Avorians Cricket Club
Cobham Avorians holds data on its individual members. This data is provided by you to us – in other words by consent. This information is used solely by the club for the purposes of running the club. Personal data is never passed onto 3rd parties.
Under the General European Data Regulations 2016/679, we are required to update and publish our data privacy notice.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by General European Data Regulations 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Cobham Avorians Cricket Club is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Cobham Avorians Cricket Club complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
The management and running of the Cricket Club, including matches, social events and other ancillary activities.
• To administer membership records
• To enable us to manage and select teams
• To enable us to communicate to our members on matters relating to the Cricket Club.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for the processing of your data is consent, in that the data we hold on you has been provided to us by you.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with officers of the club and managers of the relevant cricket teams. Your personal data will never be shared to a 3rd party.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as you are a member of the club and for a period of up to two years after you have left the club in case you decide to return to the club as a member or a supporter. We will only retain your information for longer than that period with your explicit approval.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Cobham Avorians Cricket Club holds about you;
• The right to request that the Cobham Avorians Cricket Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Cobham Avorians Cricket Club to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Your data will never be transferred outside the EU.
Automated Decision Making
Your data will not be subject to automated decision making.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Secretary of the Cobham Avorians Cricket Club.
Cobham Avorians Cricket Club
Cobham, KT11 1HB
Approved by Executive Decision of the Chairman, 15/5/2018
A copy of this notice is downloadable in documents.